First Team Tempest Portable Basketball System
PRICING: Please don’t fall for dealers that post a price and a BUY NOW/ADD TO CART button. Those prices are WAY HIGHER than you need to pay. I take the time to run freight quotes and unit price discounts based on the system, model and quantity you are looking for. Please use the ADD TO QUOTE feature on this page and submit your inquiry and I will follow up.
Pending model and number of units:
Tempest Portable – $8499-8799
First Team Tempest Portable Basketball System:
- Includes base, boom and board padding, any color.
- Rim height adjusts for smaller players.
- Safety padding covers front, side and rear of base unit.
- All steel components are powder coated to protect against the elements.
- Rear hold downs are included as required by the NCAA and NHSF for competition portable goals.
- 8″ non-marking casters lock into position for play.
- 5″ non-marking footers lock system into place.
- Compact and easy to roll.
- Adjustable overhang extension.
- Post to backboard extension is 96″ at 10′.
- Ballast not included. Recommended 720 lbs.
The TEMPEST competition style portable basketball goal is designed for fieldhouse, gymnasium and upper-end recreational or church use, where there isn’t quite enough room for the longer extension Hurricane. The Tempest’s massive extension arm features an upper and lower boom support which is the same design used on the longer extension boom found on the Hurricane. The extension distance from base to backboard on the Tempest is 66’ requiring less OB space. The unit comes equipped with First Team’s top of the line FT235 Unbreakable 42’x72’ competition tempered glass backboard, FT196 Full-Tilt 180’ breakaway goal and FT72C TuffGuard bolt-on backboard padding. These are the same components used in high schools and colleges throughout the country.
Every Tempest package comes with a Lifetime Superior Warranty which covers deliberate hanging on the rim. You don’t have to put any restrictions on how aggressively players dunk on this system.
Includes all assembly hardware and installation instructions.
BALLAST NOT INCLUDED: This system requires a recommended 720lbs of ballast.
Recommend solid concrete blocks from local home improvement center. 4″x8″x16″, 2″x6″x14″ blocks or like.
FREE lettering on padding with purchase!
1-color or 2-color letters, maximum 10 letters, 3 font styles to choose from, 16 color options.